Find and fix excess AWS IAM privileges
Deliver your apps securely with usable automation and insightful audits. Today.
Deploy secure IAM policies with your infrastructure code pipelines
Fix excess IAM permissions without overloading experts
The quality and depth of expertise demonstrated by K9 security is unparalleled in the industry. K9 has helped advise our AWS IAM strategy and guide a successful implementation of secure identity management that eliminates excess IAM permissions.
Deliver security, simply
Analyze your actual & desired IAM access in terms everyone can understand.
- Reduce confusion within customer teams when discussing security controls and audit results
- Declare desired access in the same terms access is audited
- Accelerate path to secure deployments
Improve your security policies easily with usable infrastructure code libraries and expert support.
- Review actual access, then improve
- Declare intended access then generate robust security policies with Terraform & CDK
- Access AWS IAM policy experts on-demand
Audit the effective access of each IAM principal whenever you want.
- Operationalize IAM review
- Comprehensive access report everyone understands, delivered daily
- Reports formatted in JSON, CSV, and Excel formats integrate with existing tools and analysis processes
USABLE AWS SECURITY
- Review access reports using the k9 Security Katas and identify issues
- Remediate access issues by cleaning up principals and using the k9 secure policy generators
Customers often find in their production accounts:
Unexpected IAM admins
Unused IAM Principals
Access gaps to critical data and keys
Simple Daily Reporting
k9 analyzes access granted by your AWS security policies nightly, then publishes an actionable report to your own S3 bucket.
Pivot, filter, slice, and dice with tools and data you already use.
Use the Excel format (sample) for quick, interactive analysis:
Scale access monitoring with pre-built dashboards for Splunk & Datadog.
Use the certified 3rd party IAM access report to audit:
✅ IAM administrators
✅ Unused IAM users and roles
✅ Access to critical data sources, keys, and IAM roles
✅ IAM user passwords and API access keys
✅ Access to AWS service APIs
Supported Services: IAM, STS, KMS, S3, RDS, DynamoDB, Redshift, and more (1375+ AWS API Actions)
Secure Policy Automation
Secure your data with security policies generated by k9's usable infrastructure automation libraries. Built for continuous delivery. Specify your intended access in simple language and let k9 generate a least privilege security policy. See k9 Security's Terraform & CDK libraries on GitHub for S3 buckets and KMS encryption keys.
✅ Least privilege access policy
✅ Code review
Who has access to what data? Really. (sample)
k9 tells you exactly what AWS permissions allow today and every day.
k9 determines who has access with the AWS IAM simulation APIs. k9 summarizes that into actionable reports (details). Analysis includes Service Control, IAM, and Resource policies.
This is not a static analysis of IAM policy or summary of yesterday's CloudTrail events. (k9 reports what IAM users and roles could do with AWS APIs and data.)
Now you can "unit test" all of your AWS security policies, even in production.
Start finding & fixing issues quickly (hours, not weeks)
Configure k9 access to your AWS accounts in less than 30 minutes with our simple automation.
Audit access assessments of your accounts delivered daily to your secure inbox (S3 bucket).
Use k9 access reports, automation libraries, and pro support to improve security.